Most Active Stories
- Searching For Answers On Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- LISTEN: All That "Other Stuff" On Your Ballot - Amendments, Advisory Questions, Bond Issues
- Headlines: Gila River Lawsuit, Virgin Galactic, APD Oversight Board, Plague...
- New Mexico's Education Performance Ranked Last In The Nation
- Headlines: State Land Office Nears Record, APD Shooting Probe, 42 Arrested In Drug Bust...
Wed April 11, 2012
Former Sheriff's Name Taken Off Jail Where He's Now An Inmate
Patrick Sullivan, the former sheriff in Arapahoe County, Colo., who's serving a 38-day sentence for trying to trade methamphetamine for sex with a man, isn't being held any longer in a jail that bears his name.
"Arapahoe County Commissioners voted unanimously Tuesday morning to remove Pat Sullivan's name from the jail and rename the facility after its original name — the Arapahoe County Detention Center," Denver's KUSA-TV reports. The station adds that, "about 30 minutes after the meeting, 9Wants to Know visited the jail and found the name was already removed."