Most Active Stories
- Dairy Workers Accused Of Animal Abuse
- Will Work For Food?: SNAP And Work Requirements
- Headlines: Court OKs Pot Question, Digitizing Newspapers At UNM...
- Headlines: Alleged Animal Abuse At NM Dairy, S.F. County Sues Over Ballot...
- Headlines: Still No Back Pay For State Workers, Judge Refuses To Block Casino Pact...
Fri June 7, 2013
Forest Closures: Rio Grande Bosque And Sandia And Mountainair Ranger Districts
High fire danger is prompting land managers around Albuquerque to close some areas.
The full and partial closures will take effect Monday at 8 a.m.
The city and Bernalillo County are imposing a partial closure of the Rio Grande bosque and the foothills. Residents will still be able to use the levee roads and established trails.
The county is closing open space areas in the East Mountains.
An open burning ban will also be in effect within the municipal areas of the city and unincorporated areas of the county in public and private outdoor areas.
On the Cibola National Forest, federal officials will be closing the Sandia and Mountainair ranger districts. However, the Sandia district will have several areas, trails and roads open during the closure.