Most Active Stories
- Voices Behind The Vote: Who's Talking About Immigrants Held In Artesia?
- LISTEN: All That "Other Stuff" On Your Ballot - Amendments, Advisory Questions, Bond Issues
- Voices Behind The Vote: Climate Change Drives Conservative To Polls
- Headlines: Missing Evidence, Min Wage in Las Cruces, Pot Bust, Death Sentence Appeals...
- New Mexico's Education Performance Ranked Last In The Nation
Sun September 22, 2013
Forecast: 'Strong To Severe' Storms Sunday
Some areas of storm-weary New Mexico may see more severe weather.
The National Weather Service says northwestern and north central New Mexico could see "strong to severe" thunderstorms Sunday.
Forecasters say the storms could produce severe hail and strong wind gust up to 58 mph.
The storm comes as a strong low pressure system quickly advances toward the Four Corners region, including parts of Arizona, Colorado, and Utah.
Earlier this month, storms in New Mexico overflowed rivers, sparking massive flooding, forced evacuations and damaged roads.