Most Active Stories
- PHOTOS: Lawyers Describe Fear Of Retaliation At Detention Center In Artesia
- Headlines: ABQ Marijuana Ballot Measure, Hazing Allegations At UNM And More...
- Headlines: Bishops Criticize Food Stamp Plan, Santa Fe Closer To Legal Marijuana And More...
- Headlines: Artesia Immigrant March, Ginsberg On Gender Bias
- Detained Immigrants Advised To Self-Deport
Sun September 22, 2013
Forecast: 'Strong To Severe' Storms Sunday
Some areas of storm-weary New Mexico may see more severe weather.
The National Weather Service says northwestern and north central New Mexico could see "strong to severe" thunderstorms Sunday.
Forecasters say the storms could produce severe hail and strong wind gust up to 58 mph.
The storm comes as a strong low pressure system quickly advances toward the Four Corners region, including parts of Arizona, Colorado, and Utah.
Earlier this month, storms in New Mexico overflowed rivers, sparking massive flooding, forced evacuations and damaged roads.