Most Active Stories
- Hearing Examiner Rejects PNM's Plan For Coal
- Live Broadcast "Fiestas 2015"
- Headlines: ABQ City Council Withdraws Support For PNM Plan, Reduced Speed Limit On County Roads...
- Policing For Profit: Critics Say Civil Asset Forfeiture Is Unfair
- Headlines: Thousands Mark Anniversary At Trinity Site, Oil & Gas Industry PR Campaign...
KUNM Call-In Show
Wed December 11, 2013
Finding Common Ground On Guns
KUNM Call-In Show Thu. 12/12: The topic of guns has long been a controversial issue. Advocates for gun control say there needs to be more restrictions for gun sales while advocates for gun rights say more restrictions go against the constitution.
With the the one-year anniversary of the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut this week, we'll be discussing how to find common ground in the discussion of guns.
How do we bring extreme points of view to a middle ground to curb gun violence? What role does mental health play in the equation? How can we improve our discussions about gun safety?
We'd like to hear from you!
Join the conversation by by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, post your comments online or call us during the show.
277-5866 (locally in Albuquerque)
Paul Schmitt, New Mexicans For Gun Safety
Tate Moots, President, Zia Pistol and Rifle Club
Dr. Chris Morano, Director, Mobile Urgent Treatment Team, Wraparound Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI