Most Active Stories
- PHOTOS: Lawyers Describe Fear Of Retaliation At Detention Center In Artesia
- Headlines: ABQ Marijuana Ballot Measure, Hazing Allegations At UNM And More...
- Headlines: Bishops Criticize Food Stamp Plan, Santa Fe Closer To Legal Marijuana And More...
- Headlines: Artesia Immigrant March, Ginsberg On Gender Bias
- Headlines: Ballot May Not Fit ABQ Proposals, No Injuries From Gunfire Near UNM Campus And More...
Fri November 11, 2011
Families of Disappeared in Mexico Call for Justice
Almost 500 people have gone missing in Tijuana and the wider Baja California region in the last 5 years. Some of these disappearances are kidnappings by local criminals for ransom. Others are believed to be carried out by the drug cartels.
As Ruxandra Guidi reports from the Fronteras Changing America Desk, despair has lead some family members of the disappeared to take matters into their own hands.