Most Active Stories
- Dairy Workers Accused Of Animal Abuse
- Will Work For Food?: SNAP And Work Requirements
- Headlines: Court OKs Pot Question, Digitizing Newspapers At UNM...
- Headlines: Alleged Animal Abuse At NM Dairy, S.F. County Sues Over Ballot...
- Headlines: Carlsbad Flooding, Clovis Police Arrest, Gov. Race Heating Up,Ex-APD Sergeant On Trial
Sun May 4, 2014
Democrats In Governor's Race Meet In Forum
Democrats running for governor directed a barrage of criticism at Republican incumbent Susana Martinez at a candidate forum rather than sniping at each other.
With the primary election a month away, Democrats assailed Martinez on Saturday for New Mexico being rated the worst in the nation for child well-being and for the economy's weak job growth.
All of the Democrats pledged support for raising the state's minimum wage to at least $10.10 an hour.
The wage rate has been $7.50 an hour since 2009.
The Democratic candidates are Attorney General Gary King, state Sens. Linda Lopez and Howie Morales, former government administrator Lawrence Rael and Santa Fe businessman Alan Webber.
Martinez campaign spokesman Chris Sanchez said in a statement Democrats "will take us back down a path of failed policies."