Most Active Stories
- Immigrant Detention Center Not Approved By State For Childcare
- Shifting Gears On Bike Safety
- Mothers Fight Stigma Of Drug Addiction
- Headlines: Ballot May Not Fit ABQ Proposals, No Injuries From Gunfire Near UNM Campus And More...
- Headlines: Santa Fe Decriminalizes Pot, Police Shooting Contest Opposed...
Thu September 20, 2012
Correction To Taxpayer Stories
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
We also have a correction for you this morning. Two reports in our air in recent days listed Americans who do not pay income taxes, and those lists included mentions of active duty-military service members. Those statements were too broad.
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Military personnel do pay federal income tax. But there are exemptions for some, including those who are serving in designated combat zones.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
MONTAGNE: You're listening to MORNING EDITION from NPR News. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.