Most Active Stories
- Voices Behind The Vote: Who's Talking About Immigrants Held In Artesia?
- LISTEN: All That "Other Stuff" On Your Ballot - Amendments, Advisory Questions, Bond Issues
- Voices Behind The Vote: Climate Change Drives Conservative To Polls
- Headlines: Missing Evidence, Min Wage in Las Cruces, Pot Bust, Death Sentence Appeals...
- New Mexico's Education Performance Ranked Last In The Nation
Wed March 16, 2011
Commentary: No More Nuclear Power Plants
By Diane Schmidt
Albuquerque, NM – As the nuclear crisis unfolds in Japan, many people are asking, "Should the U.S. keep building nuclear power plants?" Commentator Diane Schmidt says it's not just environmental catastrophes like earthquakes and tsunamis that cause her to be concerned about nuclear power.
Diane Schmidt is a writer and photojournalist. She lives in Albuquerque.