Most Active Stories
- Hearing Examiner Rejects PNM's Plan For Coal
- Live Broadcast "Fiestas 2015"
- Headlines: ABQ City Council Withdraws Support For PNM Plan, Reduced Speed Limit On County Roads...
- Policing For Profit: Critics Say Civil Asset Forfeiture Is Unfair
- Headlines: Thousands Mark Anniversary At Trinity Site, Oil & Gas Industry PR Campaign...
Sun July 3, 2011
Atomic Bombers (Part 2), by Russell Vandenbroucke
Sun. 7/10 at 6pm: In our story this week, we'll hear from those at the very heart of the Manhattan Project - including Robert Oppenheimer, Enrico Fermi, and Richard Feynman - as they wrestle with the age-old conundrum of waging war to bring peace.
With the deployment of the Atomic Bomb in 1945, a palpable sense of national triumph and apocalyptic dread set into the American collective psyche. Arguably no one felt the burden of the Atomic Age more than many of the scientists responsible for designing and building the Bomb itself.
A production of LA Theatre Works, starring Jon Matthews, Tom Virute, and Ron West. Hour One includes an interview with Dr. Robert Christy, a member of the Manhattan Project, and a feature on "Atomic Platters: Cold War Music from the Golden Age of Homeland Security".