Most Active Stories
- Voices Behind The Vote: Who's Talking About Immigrants Held In Artesia?
- LISTEN: All That "Other Stuff" On Your Ballot - Amendments, Advisory Questions, Bond Issues
- Voices Behind The Vote: Climate Change Drives Conservative To Polls
- Headlines: Missing Evidence, Min Wage in Las Cruces, Pot Bust, Death Sentence Appeals...
- Headlines: Navajo Nation Rethinks Election, Molotov At ABQ Mosque, Unemployment Fraud In NM...
Espejos de Aztlán
Tue March 4, 2014
“All My Friends Know the Lowriter…”
Mon. 10 March, 7p: Santino J. Rivera, editor with Broken Sword Publications, sits down with host Adam Aguirre to take a look at the iconic yet misunderstood Chicano mystery man, the “Lowrider,” through the works collected in the newly released anthology, Lowriting – Shots, Rides and Stories from the Chicano Soul. The Lowrider comes into focus through the eyes of Los Angeles-based photographer Art Meza, and we come to understand the Lowrider’s message, his meaning, his soul, through the words of Lowriters everywhere, including several from here in New Mexico. Hard and fast, bajito y suavecito, take a little trip. (Los cencerros son opcionales.)