Most Active Stories
- Headlines: Navajo Settlement, Juntos New Mexico Petition, Rodella, Jewish Survey...
- Dairy Workers Accused Of Animal Abuse
- First Ever Sex Week at UNM
- Headlines: Sheriff Convicted, EPA Approves Energy Plan, Navajo Supreme Court Weighs In On Election
- Special Coverage: NM Secretary Of State, Attorney Gereral Candidates Face Off
Fri June 24, 2011
Africa in America: 2010-2011
Fri. 7/1 at 10pm: In a new edition of Afropop's popular music-in-diaspora series, we catch up with a wide variety of US-based acts playing African music.
We hear stateside African hip hop from Blitz the Ambassador, R&B gone Ethiopian from Debo Band and Tommy T, Afropop meets indie rock from San Francisco's Aphrodesia, and the latest Mande rock from Toubab Krewe of Ashville, North Carolina. Also featured, Max Wild's bubbling Zimbabwe boogie out of New York City. Plus new work by African artists resident in the US, including Thomas Mapfumo (Zimbabwe), Abdoulaye Alhassane Toure (Niger), Malika Zara (Morocco), and Razia (Madagascar).
Slideshow photo: Toubab Krewe with the kora and the kamelengoni (Oregon Music News)