Most Active Stories
- Voices Behind The Vote: Who's Talking About Immigrants Held In Artesia?
- LISTEN: All That "Other Stuff" On Your Ballot - Amendments, Advisory Questions, Bond Issues
- Voices Behind The Vote: Climate Change Drives Conservative To Polls
- Headlines: Missing Evidence, Min Wage in Las Cruces, Pot Bust, Death Sentence Appeals...
- New Mexico's Education Performance Ranked Last In The Nation
KUNM Call In Show
Mon January 13, 2014
2014 Legislative Preview: What's On Deck?
KUNM Call In Show Thu. 1/16 8a: New Mexico’s annual legislative session begins on January 21st. Thirty-day sessions such as this one are mandated to handle the state’s budget matters.
But what can we really expect to be debated and passed with talk of driver’s licenses, education issues, indigent health care funding, the behavioral health care system and the economy and jobs circulating and potentially appearing before lawmakers?
We’ll talk with legislators and journalists to hear what their expectations and desires are and to note what proposed legislation has already been pre-filed and is beginning to be dissected.
Please join us! Email firstname.lastname@example.org, post your comments online, or call in live during the show.
277-5866 (locally in Albuquerque)
Steve Terrell, Capitol Reporter, Santa Fe New Mexican
New Mexico State Senator Mark Moores, District 21, (R)
New Mexico State Representative Christine Trujillo, District 25, (D)