KUNM News Is Hiring A Public Health Reporter!
Greetings from KUNM!
The KUNM News Department is hiring a reporter for our award-winning Public Health New Mexico project. The position is full-time, based in Albuquerque, and is benefits eligible through the University of New Mexico. Please consider applying for this position or sharing with other interested people.
You MUST apply online to the UNMJobs website. Applications through third-party websites will not be considered.
Once you are at the UNMJobs website, you can also Search Posting 0836778. The application is somewhat extensive so please don’t wait until the last moment. For best consideration, apply by December 16, 2016. For further information call (505) 277-6947.
- Technical Journalist: KUNM – Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Position summary: In consultation with the News Director initiates independent research, investigation, and story development and writes and prepares stories for air and online as part of KUNM's Public Health New Mexico project. Work as part of a team to establish the nature and focus of stories, and participate in determination of the general direction of the project.
- This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Prospective Employee page for a more complete explanation of UNM benefits.
- Minimum qualifications: Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Bachelor's degree; at least 3 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Preferred qualifications: Experience in public radio reporting preferred but not required.
- Preference for high degree of fluency in conversational Spanish.
- Preference for experience in working in online reporting.
- Passion for and in-depth knowledge of Hispanic and Latino cultures, communities and constituencies.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to drive on assignments (mileage reimbursed)
KUNM is a diverse, multicultural station serving over 100 communities across central and northern New Mexico. We have more than 20 professional staff members and we work with more than 120 student and community volunteer programmers. We reach about 100,000 listeners a week in a service area of 1.1 million people.
KUNM, a department of the University of New Mexico, is an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to one's race, ethnicity, age, national origin, faith, sex or disability. We recognize and respect diversity. We value the wealth of knowledge and experience each of our employees brings to the workplace.